We're pleased to offer the following services at our Hanging Rock Animal Hospital:
- Comprehensive Wellness Care : to keep your pet healthy with preventive diagnostics and care such as vaccines
- Individualized Vaccine Protocols offer immunization and preventives based on your pet's lifestyle and risk levels.
- Economical Early Detection Packages are available for healthy patients to help with prevention and early intervention. This often leads to better quicker outcomes which can decrease financial obligation. We have different packages to meet the specific needs of your pet based on their age. From puppies and kittens to our lovely seniors, we can keep them healthier longer with comprehensive prevention and early detection of hidden problems.
- Surgical Services : Our hospital offers soft tissue surgeries such as spay and neuter, abdominal exploratory, and mass removals. We also offer orthopedic surgeries such as cruciate repair, luxating patella repair and fracture repair. Oral and Dental surgeries are performed here as well.
- Radiography - Digital radiography/x-rays completed in the hospital are another diagnostic tool that aides in identifying injury or illness. These digital images can be sent instantly to a specialist for evaluation if needed.
- Comprehensive dental services include preventive dental cleanings as well as more comprehensive procedures to remove infection and disease from your pets mouth. These procedures can include digital dental radiography, extractions, sub-gingival and periodontal infection removal and oral surgery.
- Acupuncture is offered alone or in combination with other treatments. It's been proven to increase well-being and aide in the treatment of many illnesses.
- Holistic/Homeopathy: A treatment option that's been proven to increase well-being and enhance patient care.
- : Laser light is used to decrease pain and improve healing time in many common medical conditions with no adverse side effects like those associated with drugs.
- Nutrition Counseling is available to complement wellness care, manage weight, or address special medical needs such as allergies, organ dysfunction, and thyroid disease.
- Complete Laboratory Services: We run many laboratory tests while you wait which lets us begin treating your pet sooner. We also use several state-of-the-art laboratories which return results in as little as 24 hours. Complete blood counts, blood chemistry evaluation, urinalysis, microscopic fecal exams, and histo-pathology are just a few of the available services.
- Respectful Chemotherapy is used in cases where we can improve the quality of life of our patients and their caregivers. This allows us to minimize the severe and unpleasant side effects usually associated with human chemotherapy.
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Hanging Rock Animal Hospital offers a convenient drop-off service at no charge to you. You may drop your pet off for care between 8-9 am on most days and 7-9am on select days. You can pick your pet up as late as 6pm once services have been completed. Don't let that busy schedule slow you down! While they are here we can clean them up or trim those nails for only a small amount more.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such a snail bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency and we can prepare the necessary equipment.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Emergency and urgent care do incur additional fees which allow us to divert the doctors and nurses from other duties to focus on your pets needs. In certain situations we will need to reschedule "routine" appointments to be able to provide your pet with the best care possible. These additional fees allow us to focus our care to your emergency situation.
After Hours Emergency Care
Call Emergency Veterinary Services at 540-563-8575. They are located at 4902 Frontage Rd. (off Peter's Creek Rd.).
Because a large number of veterinarians practice at Hanging Rock Animal Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
Hanging Rock Animal Hospital accepts payment via cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa. We also offer payment plans with www.CareCredit.com. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
We provide estimates for all surgeries and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.
We accept many different forms of pet health insurance. We strongly recommend you invest in health insurance for your pet as it can greatly diminish the cost of unexpected accidents or illnesses. Several insurance policies also cover holistic care!
Hanging Rock Animal Hospital offers discounted services to local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.
February is dental health month and we offer a 10% discount on preventive dental services for all patients who receive dental cleanings in the month of February.
We offer discounted services to all patients in the form of our Early Detection Packages, please ask your assistant for more information on these great offers. Core vaccinations are free with our Early Detection Packages.